Adding FRAX as Collateral in Our Fuse Pool

FRAX is an algorithmic stablecoin that is partially collateralized by USDC at a rate determined by the floating market price of FRAX. When FRAX dips below $1, its USDC collateralization ratio increases until the market returns to parity; when above $1, its USDC collateralization ratio decreases accordingly.

FRAX has held its peg remarkably well over time, even during high volatility periods in the market: Frax price, chart, market cap and info | CoinGecko

FRAX makes for an interesting addition to our Fuse pool because of a program they refer to as an Algorithmic Market Operation. It would allow FRAX to periodically mint stablecoins into our Fuse pool to satisfy demand. FRAX Lending - Frax ¤ Finance

FRAX could prove to be a powerful partner, especially if our Fuse Pool demand for stablecoins quickly outstrips supply with SY jTokens and SA sen tokens (post next week) getting added over the coming weeks.

4 Likes

Sounds reasonable to me, our fuse pool needs stable coin liquidity for all BarnBridge products.

2 Likes

I’m also in favor - I think this would be a nice addition to the pool.

parsec for reference