Create a BarnBridge Benevolent Fund which provides, on a quarterly basis, donations consisting of 1% of the previous quarter’s fees derived from the various products BarnBridge has to offer to non-profit organizations nominated, vetted, and voted on by the community.
Increase awareness of the BarnBridge DAO through positive interaction with on-chain, recognized non-profit organizations. The BarnBridge community demonstrates how a decentralized organization can work together to provide a valuable service to all. Non-profit organizations, by their very nature, operate in a very similar manner. While being led by a core team, they rely on the support of many to provide a valuable service to others. By creating a link between the BarnBridge DAO and giving we show our community is truly about working together to provide exceptional services for all.
- BarnBridge Benevolent Fund Team Structure
o A team consisting of community members
o Team would work on a volunteer basis therefore not receiving compensation for work done as a member of the Fund Team.
o a multi-sig wallet would be used to disperse funds as directed by community vote.
- Community Awareness
o Promote Fund and grants across BarnBridge social media accounts
o Create a Discord room for discussion about various non-profits the community may want to support.
o Highlight a specific philanthropy the community wants to support
Interview the receiving philanthropy, if applicable
o Provide quarterly reporting
- Generates great publicity and awareness of the BarnBridge DAO.
- Creates a potential increase in treasury through increased use of SY, SA, and SE products.
- Binds BarnBridge community members closer together and sets the stage for potential real-world collaboration
- Takes 1% of revenues away from reinvestment opportunities
- Community might be split on which causes to support
- Unclear what the current universe of on-chain charitable organizations is