DAO incentives for BOND stakers

Hi all,

As we all know our DAO $BOND staking pool incentives are ending in less than 4 weeks, so I think its time to start discussions about if we should extend this. We currently have 1,180,682.7772 BOND staked in DAO and I am sure most of us don’t want this to start floating in market as we are still looking for our product fit. I know there’s a lot of complains about high $BOND emissions released every week so maybe we should extend DAO staking rewards and cut incentives at least 2x. (Currently 12200 to 6100 BOND weekly rewards.) for next 50 weeks. Tell me your thoughts. Thank you.

2 Likes

I don’t know about this. What we are going to do when there will be no incentives? DAO should be able to live without incentives. I would rather find a solution to that kind of scenario than extending incentives. But maybe it is early for this. If we will extend incentives I’m definitely for smaller rewards and less inflation.

Truth is I do not want my $BOND to sit there with no rewards. If the rewards end, I will move my $BOND to LP. I need my capital to be effective and I want more $BOND. I also need to accumulate $BOND to get a better average since I bought most of my $BOND for $45 when $ETH was $450 :smiley:

I Agree we need to slowly cut out incentives,

So if we start properly earning our own LP rewards through olympus pro and have some of that 20000/weekly bond emission going back into DAO + lower DAO staking rewards that should positively impact BOND token price.

So current weekly reward for DAO stakers are 12200 BOND. Lets say we agree to extend this for next 50 weeks. I suggest split these 50 weeks into 5 bunches of 10 weeks and reduce rewards by 20% starting with first 10 weeks. This would look like this:
First 10 weeks BOND DAO rewards - 9760 weekly(12200-20%);
Second 10 weeks 7808 (9760-20%);
Third 10 weeks 6246 (7808-20%);
4th 10 weeks 4997 (6246-20%);
5th 10 weeks 3997 (4997-20%).
This would cost approximately 328080 BOND, almost 50% less than previous 50 week incentives period with a slow decrease in emissions.

2 Likes