Integration with Zapper

Not a near-term priority, but would like to put it down for a more drawn out discussion. An integration with Zapper.fi would be a neat on-ramp with what I think is going to be an ongoing DeFi UX consolidation over the next year or so.

Yearn announced they were launching something like this today, and allows Zapper.fi Users to zap from any token into any yVault. I like the idea of having a Token A and jumping right into a Token B SMART Alpha or SMART Yield with 1 button.

In addition, there is going to be some non-zero segment of the DeFi space that will only use Zapper.fi or other consolidated UX platforms, (e.g. Rainbow, Zerion, etc.) , so this at least pulls through that market group.

Again, not a priority, but would be great to see if DeFi Dad could give us a checklist of things we need to provide them and get that locked and loaded for when the time is right.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Excellent idea that I’m sure the team is considering given that they know the folks at Zapper Fi. I think Tyler also quoted a statistic that implied only a fraction of Aave’s TVL comes via the Aave app. I would also not limit this to just Zapper, wallets like Trust and Argent should also be considered. Essentially, we should be reducing the friction as much as possible and increasing the number of available ways to buy into any BB product.

2 Likes

I’m optimistic that DeFi Dad as a huge fan of BB will do this on his own. WE should probably help him as much as we can to do this a reality. Enter senior/junior tranche from one click is the way. :bridge_at_night:

2 Likes

Yeah only 30% of Aave TVL comes from Aave app.
Well said:
"Essentially, we should be reducing the friction as much as possible and increasing the number of available ways to buy into any BB product."

1 Like

I talked to defi dad and he said we can do the free API integration here:

https://docs.zapper.fi/build/zapper-api

1 Like

He also said anyone who wants to help with this can hop in Discord. I’m asking if core team has to or if anyone can but if anyone can we’ll set up a bounty.

2 Likes

Re: not limiting to Zapper – great point! I’ve reached out to Zerion (meeting next week) and I will reach out to your recommendations Trust and Argent. Will also reach out to Rainbow (Mike Desmarais).

2 Likes

Posted this in Discord and will leave it here, as well. Yearn has already completed an integration with Zapper. Anyone with Javascript skills, feel free to take a look: