SY & SA Modifications

Summary

A group has been collaborating on the improvement of Smart Yield and Smart Alpha. These items were selected from the their efforts based on the estimated low complexity for implementation. We are requesting community feedback for the inclusion of these modifications.

Motivation

It’s our belief these changes will improve the user experience and can be implemented in a reasonably short time frame.

Technical details

General:

1. Derivative token contract links where the tokens are referenced.

Smart Yield:

1. Add a 30 day average for junior yields in-line with spot rates of Smart Yield home page.
  2. Drop jToken conversion and wallet balances from Smart Yield home page and replace with position balances similar to Yearn Finance vaults list.
  3. Within Smart Yield replace “Senior” with “Fixed Yield” and “Junior” with “Variable Yield”
  4. Within Smart Yield replace “Originator APY” with the direct market name. Ex. “Compound APY”

Smart Alpha:

1. Show underlying dollar price for juniors on the pool card where the leverage drops.
  2. Visibility into underlying token balances. Currently, balances are buried inside the portfolio dapp. Users are less concerned about their lp token counts for a given position and generally measure balances vs the underlying deposit and or dollars. Display dollar balances and underlying token balances in both the list view (Yearn.Finance shows your balance in list view) and individual pool cards.
  3. Advanced simulator tools allowing users custom allocations between jr/sr inclusive of whole pool composition. Ex. User estimates a personal 30:70 jr/sr exposure but the pool composition is 50:50. What is the net outcome on x performance? Simulator performance should include underlying asset token counts in addition to dollars.
  4. Accept ETH deposits by wrapping/unwrapping at deposit/withdrawal.
  5. Smart Alpha pool list should display the estimated upcoming epoch details and not the current pool.

Please provide feedback via the poll if you want these changes. If you have alternative requests that are not included, let us know in the comments and our group will incorporate the feedback.

Dapp Modifications
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

6 Likes

Regarding
9. Accept ETH deposits by wrapping/unwrapping at deposit/withdrawal.

Have heard this feedback from numerous people both offline and on Twitter. Being able to deposit ETH would definitely help simplify the complexity for some of wrapping to wETH.

2 Likes

This is a nice proposal. I agree that this changes could help people understand SY and SA better. “Yes”

2 Likes

ETH isn’t an ERC-20 token. wETH is though.

Hey everyone - I think it’s amazing what you put together here. If you give me some time to response, I’ll have additional input on features I’ve had from people who may not be in Discord regularly but are either ideal users of our products, large funds, or current power users.

I just need some time to get through my Monday.

4 Likes

i feel like we could easily integrate with uniswaps wrapper tho

2 Likes

What’s your point? I was explaining why you have to do it not the ease-ablity of doing it.

A lot to unpack here but YES to everything mentioned with emphasis on simplification of the user experience especially for those new to defi. The renaming SY should help potentially having contract links at the bottom of the page similar to what is listed now (ie. uni V2 BOND/USDC) may reduce new users leaning on the discord with questions pertaining to token conversion for entry into various markets. Really like idea of a ledger users can see in SA that would display current position in epoch indicating gains/losses in USD so as not to manually make the conversion of token price/token held. Conversion of ETH deposits would greatly simplify steps for new users because, well, who doesn’t hold ETH! Finally, custom allocations to SA pools is a really elegant way to deposit especially in the long tail of ERC20s that don’t have large deposits to keep pool balanced and having to make separate transactions. Thanks Mike! Well said!

This is brilliant. So glad attention is being paid to UX. I mentioned in the general channel a while back I was thinking to get on this and raise a discussion in the forum, but then work got busy. @Mike987 - you mention there’s a group looking at this. How do I get involved?

On the suggested changes: they all sounds logical. It’s difficult to make a decision on whether or not the suggested changes would improve UX (or what I’m assuming here is users’ understanding of specific features and functionality) or not. What is the feedback the suggestions are based on? Once the changes are made what is the approach going to be to know if the changes have achieved their intended outcome(s) or not?

1 Like

Just to add to this: intuitively, I’m especially bought into the simplification of some of the terminology / language used.

1 Like

As a Smart Alpha user 7 (visibility in underlying token balance) is what I am missing most.
Overal great list of improvements.

Aye!

Barnbridge offering is really complex for most , even for blockchain veterans. I would add information (by preference really good videos) in the UI directly … so that users do not have to look far to understand what is being offered …

2 Likes

@MrH - You’re right. But why is it complex for them? Would love to explore what we know already about who are the current and target users and what are the needs we assume they have to use the different products? That might also shed light on the questions I asked above.

Hey all!

First of all - kudos for putting this together - this is exactly the sort of thing that makes this community awesome! :heart:

We should - and will - make a habit out of incorporating community feedback, and turn this into a bigger deal, but more on this later!

For now - here’s the first wave of releases:

1. Derivative token contract links where the tokens are referenced.

Added links on the token names in transactions tables and portfolios in both SY and SA :white_check_mark:

1. Add a 30 day average for junior yields in-line with spot rates of Smart Yield home page.

Added BE support for the 30d avg APY, and added it below the originator rates on the SY homepage! :white_check_mark:

1. Drop jToken conversion and wallet balances from Smart Yield home page and replace with position balances similar to Yearn Finance vaults list.

jToken conversion rates column has now been replaced by 2 new columns (only when connected with a wallet) - Junior Positions Balance and Senior Positions balance - by aggregating the balances you have in your portfolio :white_check_mark:

1. Within Smart Yield replace “Senior” with “Fixed Yield” and “Junior” with “Variable Yield"

Renamed Junior APY & Senior APY columns to Junior (Variable) / 30d avg APY & Senior (Fixed) APY :white_check_mark:

1. Within Smart Yield replace “Originator APY” with the direct market name. Ex. “Compound APY”

Self explanatory :stuck_out_tongue: :white_check_mark:

BONUS: Change SY pool rows to same design as SA pool rows (clickable, with the arrow button at the right)

Consistencyyyyy :white_check_mark:

More updates coming soon - SA ones up next, and then a BIG SA overhaul is just around the corner. Excited to share more soon!

Thanks again y’all! :pray:

6 Likes